Monday, June 3, 2013

Insignificant

 You wouldn't believe me if I told you. Not a lot of people would. I find it strange, these seemingly "civilized" people can only see what they want. They don't see everything. Nor do they listen to me. All they see is the man pinned to the wall with a chair. The legs impaling his chest. This would take a lot of force. It did. I know because I am the one that put him here. Another man, simple, placed... no shoved into the fireplace. His body was contorted into a strange oblong ball. He was on fire. The smell of burning flesh filled my nasal cavity and I smiled. And last, a man, strapped to the table with his own belt. This man was the bloodiest of them all. His head had been beaten and bashed. His brain... gone. The entire scene was just... elegant.
          I am alone. Left to thrive in this world alone. No one to come and save me, I had to save myself. When I was a kid... I used to think some stranger would come and tell me that my family wasn't actually my family. They weren't a bad group, they were just... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. I wanted to change. A new name, new life. The carpenters son... became a carpenter. It is so futile. And I wanted to be... important.
       I had a power. An.. ability. I wanted to use it. So I did. I manipulate my way into situations that some men hope they never have to endeavor. But me... I wanted it. I wanted to walk into that house find those three men playing poker and I wanted to take what they had. Not money, or family, or love. I wanted power. I wanted control. The man on the table had this such power. He could... he could move things with his mind. And I wanted it. And I knew exactly how to obtain it.
    Now we are here. You talking to me. Asking these absurd questions thinking that I will come clean and let you take me. But that is not the case. I want you as well. I want what you have. I want your power.

No comments:

Post a Comment